Friday, May 27, 2005

Word of the Day

Every once in a while I like to challenge myself with a particular word or phrase to try to weave into at least one of the conversations that I have with the agents that I speak with at work. (For those that may not know, I work for MetLife as a help desk for life insurance agents.) Today's phrase is


"What will the harvest be?"


This phrase is used when you are wondering about the repercussions of someone's folly. Use it in a sentence? OK: "Brad ate several pounds of asparagus yesterday. Oh, what will the harvest be?"

Usually, I'm able to weave the word in skillfully enough that it seems to fit, so I may not have anything exciting to share with you this evening, but on the other hand I just might.

Stay tuned.

9 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Mmmmmm..... asparagus.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did the same thing at school occasionaly. The best word we ever used,
Kakistocracy.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

I can tell you what the harvest will be-peptobismal[or however you spell it]

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad knows what the harvest will be, but I have a feeling he ain't telling...

8:58 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

According to the the studies I have seen, 22% of the population know exactly what the harvest will be. The rest will have to wonder.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

22%... AND me.

12:49 PM  
Blogger pennyjean said...

I've heard rumors as well...

1:18 PM  
Blogger Silas said...

This is bad.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home